Becker man hospitalized in apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

Becker man hospitalized in apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Click to Enlarge Photo:

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:53 am

BECKER, Minn. (KNSI) - A Becker man was found unconscious in his home, the apparent victim of carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday, Sherburne County Sheriff's authorities said.

Dylan Olson, 20, was found by his aunt on the floor of a detached garage at the home on 91st Street in Becker just before 4:30 Wednesday, Sherberne County Sheriff Joel Brott said.

Investigators said Olson was working on a car in the garage overnight and was using a portable space heater with a propane tank to heat the area, Brott said.

Olson's aunt dragged him out of the garage and called 911. He was airlifted to the Hennepin County Medical Center, where he was listed in serious condition Wednesday.

Sherburne County Sheriff's investigators were aided by Becker Police, Becker Fire and New River Ambulance personnel.

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 66°F (19°C)

Dewpoint: 31

Wind: 18 NW

Weather: Clear

Full Forecast | Live Radar

Featured Videos