Stove caused deadly house fire

Stove caused deadly house fire Click to Enlarge Photo:

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (KNSI) Investigators have closed the books on a deadly fire in St. Cloud last weekend.

St. Cloud Fire Marshal Mike Post says the fire at 520 Eighth Avenue South was caused when two burners on a kitchen stove were left on. The fire has been ruled accidental.

Twenty three year-old Kyle Kopischke died in the fire. Kopischke was originally from Comfrey, Minnesota. Another occupant--22 year-old Kevin Murphy--was able to escape the fire, and was treated and released from St. Cloud Hospital.

Post says a smoke alarm in Kopischke's second-floor bedroom had been taken down from a wall and was found on a shelf with the battery removed.

Alcohol is also believed to have been a contributing factor in the fire.

Posted By

's Profile

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 67°F (19°C)

Dewpoint: 53

Wind: 13 SE

Weather: Clear

Full Forecast | Live Radar

Featured Videos