Toddler sick after biting detergent pod

Toddler sick after biting detergent pod Click to Enlarge Photo:

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:31 pm

FARGO, N.D. (AP) A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who bit into a Tide detergent pod is being treated for poisoning at a North Dakota hospital.

Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., turned 1 last week. He was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo over the weekend.

Family members say Alexander thought the pod was a treat. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe. A hospital spokesman said Wednesday that Alexander was in critical condition but improving.

Alex's mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, says Tide should change the look of its pod. Tide said in a statement it's working to educate people on keeping them out of the reach of children.

Posted By

's Profile

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 46°F (8°C)

Dewpoint: 43

Wind: 7 SW

Weather: Clear

Full Forecast | Live Radar

Featured Videos